I am super excited about the gifts Rich and I are giving to my family this holiday season.
This beautiful maple tree used to live in our front yard growing up. During peak fall colors season, strangers would knock on our door and ask to take a leaf.
Years ago, the tree got sick and had to be cut down.
My sisters and I are all grown up and moved out, but my parents still live in that house with the bare spot in the front yard. That tree holds many wonderful memories for my family.
I am grateful that one year, when the tree’s colors were particularly amazing, I took a few rolls of pictures (back in the days of film cameras). For gifts this year, Rich and I purchased some frames, and I snuck some of those old prints from my parents’ house to make copies. Everyone in my family is getting a framed collage of our special family tree.
- O Christmas Tree (lulumusing.wordpress.com)
- 30 Holiday Traditions to Start This Year (sexymoxiemama.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Things :: Oh Christmas Tree… (followtherules.typepad.com)
- Creepstreet is the Very Merry Gift Idea of the Day (drunkenstepfather.com)
- Burlap & Memories: Rustic Christmas Tree (lilsuburbanhomestead.com)
- Recycle your Xmas Tree! (agrisoils.wordpress.com)
- Day two: gift ideas we love (thriftypop.wordpress.com)
- Holiday Fic (roleplaywriter.wordpress.com)
- Are you dreading Christmas? (momints.wordpress.com)
- The Special Needs of Christmas (lillian888.wordpress.com)