Yes, those are faces attached to the side of that shed.
Do you ever take a writer’s retreat? A couple of times, I have taken a day trip to this place:
The Flying Pig Art Gallery and Greenspace (and kick ass cafe)
It is a long drive, but worth it. Last time I was there it was a chilly fall day and I enjoyed hot lattes and warm fresh baked cookies all afternoon while my notebook and I cozied up at a corner table.
I love to write for a little bit, then get up and walk around the art space inside, or get some fresh air in the always changing art gardens outside. Write a little, then relax and refuel a little.
Usually I write in my living room on the squishiest chair we own, or in my bed with the window blinds open, and if I feel the need to go out, I’ll hit a local coffee house. But sometimes I need a treat, to spoil myself, and that’s when I take the day trip. To a place where pigs fly, and thus I feel like I can accomplish anything.
Where are your favorite places to write?
The top of an artistic coffee table in the cafe area. See the line that says, ‘Expresso Yourself’? Heehee. Punny.
- Duck! Flying Pigs! (laurabwilliamsdesigns.wordpress.com)
- Watch: Greenpeace Sends Pigs Flying over Nuclear Plant in Sweden (news.softpedia.com)
- When pigs fly!!! 20 Stories straight down! Call to Action! (mikebacon247.wordpress.com)
- Flying Pig (makingtoys.net)
- re: coffee (chilledvibes.wordpress.com)
- I Heart Coffee: Why that Cup of Joe is Better Than You Thought (okramagazine.org)
- Flying pig lands over Gisburn Forest (cloudspottingfestival.wordpress.com)
- #6~ Pigs Will Fly (allumikate.wordpress.com)
- How to Start That Novel… Now. (ohtobeamuggle.wordpress.com)