Voice mail from my Mom:
Punky, you need to go on Facebook and change the description on your picture. It is not, ‘got my hair did.’ It is ‘done.’ You are an English Major and should know better. Go change it now. It is ridiculous.
My reply via a comment on the Facebook pic, instead of calling her back because I really didn’t like her tone of voice:
Mom, I know the correct way to say it is, ‘done,’ and not, ‘did.’ However, all of the cool kids on the street say ‘got my hair did.’ And though I am not a cool kid on the street, I like to pretend to be one sometimes. So don’t worry. That Master’s Degree in English will be alright. Although I did just miss spell ‘alright’ and had to fix it when that red squiggly line thingy appeared beneath it. Who knew that word only had one ‘L’ and not two? Well, now I do. Thanks!
- Pretending to be Cool (catisaminion.wordpress.com)
- Men’s Guide to a New Hairstyle: The Whys and How-To’s (jacamoblog.co.uk)
- bees, mosquitos and flies…oh my (cocomias.wordpress.com)
- We have Internet! Everything will be alright now! (custerstateintern.wordpress.com)
- The Love for Hair (famasummerschoolblog.wordpress.com)
- Punky Brewster to Happy Chaos: Soleil Moon Frye talks about parenting | Babble (babble.com)