And it got me thinking…..
Do you often find yourself stressed, and without enough time to do things that are important to you?
How do you view your time? Is it precious? Is it all tied up? Does it even feel like it belongs to you at all?
I have always seen spending my time doing the things I want to do as a luxury, even simple things that cost no money, like doing yoga in my living room or playing rap music loudly while I dance around naked. In my living room again, of course.
I have this idea that I have to torture myself at work with stress and worry to keep food on the table and a roof over my head. And then when I finally get home I have to stress out more about what needs to get done. Why do I use my time in such a way? Um… let’s not get into that because the answer is probably several therapy sessions away.
Anywho, it is super fun to think about what I would do with an extra hour, and perhaps it will be even more fun if I lighten up on myself and actually do some of this sh**!
We already covered:
- Doing yoga
- Dancing to loud rap music (My faves, by the way, are Nelly and Luda.)
What are some others?
- Do Tai chi
- Sit outside and just think
- Work on personal projects (mosty various writing projects)
- Bake cookies
- Call my parents
- Go for sunshine walks
- Go for misty rain walks
- Learn another language. Or just parts of several other languages. Like how to say, “Where’s the bathroom?” and “Coffee please.” Because those are the essentials.
- Go places just to take pictures
- Plan a dream vacation that I wont take but that’s okay because dreaming about it will be way more fun anyway
- Work on turning the garage into a fabulous disco ballroom
- Go to the library (Let’s Pretend This Never Happened is on my summer reading list, and I just keep not making the time to go and check it out)
And, probably the most important:
- Have more sex (with my husband of course)
What would you do if you had an extra hour every single day? Now go and do it! The everyday thing is a little too much pressure for me to make this a reality, so I am going to shoot for two or three days a week, spending an hour doing one of the things on my list.
- Yoga better for your brain than exercise, study finds (telegraph.co.uk)
- According to a Recent Article, Naked Yoga Provides Health Benefits for Body and Brain (prweb.com)
- Why should you Meditate? (yoga4allpune.wordpress.com)
- Why I Love Rap Music (persephonemagazine.com)
- Rearrange Your Living Room With These Tricks (livesolara.com)
- How to Make Your Living Room Stand Out from the Norm (epicahome.com)
- Living Room (laphillippsbeaudecor.wordpress.com)
- Finishing Touch with Free Art Paintings on My Living Room (eonlinepainting.wordpress.com)
- How to brighten your living room (trinidadexpress.com)
- When Did Cleaning Become Stress Relief? (justjennee.com)