Hubby: Goodnight, Pumpkins.
Me: Night, honey…. Wait!
Me: You hate the taste of all things pumpkin flavored!
Me: So!? ‘Pumpkins’ is your favorite nickname for me, and you hate pumpkins? Oh my gosh, what does this mean?
Hubby: I don’t like pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread, but I love pumpkins. They are adorable, and you are adorable.They are cute and you are cute. Thus, the nickname.
Hubby: Um, you know that we have been married for over 9 years, right?
Me: Duh, yeah.
Hubby: Well, I’ve been calling you ‘Pumpkins’ since we met. Okay, maybe not since the first night or anything, ’cause that would have been creepy. But still, 9 years. This is just now occurring to you?
Me: Goodnight. Could you shut the door on your way out, please?
PS. This conversation did go a bit further into the not liking the taste of pumpkins thing, and what that meant metaphorically in our relationship, but I didn’t want to go to that gross place here. You’re welcome.
PPS. A friend once told me that eating a lot of pineapple will make you taste better down there, ladies. Down where? Oh, don’t make me say it. You know.
- Roasting a Bitch of a Pumpkin (littlemissbitchin.wordpress.com)
- Time-lapsed Video of Rotting Pumpkin (anytimecostumes.com)
- 7 Pumpkin Designs That Rock (anytimecostumes.com)
- The Pumpkin Policewoman is Back (therighthue.com)
- Pumpkin Muffins (pintertesting.com)
- White Pumpkin Kootu (durgasdelicacies.wordpress.com)
- The Pumpkin Is Still There (therighthue.com)
- Happy Birthday Hubby! (misifusa.wordpress.com)
Submitted for Sunday funnies on My Half Assed Life.