It is spring! Sort of. I mean, I know technically date-wise it is, even though the air still lingers around freezing. But this weekend a miracle happened! The snow in our yard melted. It actually stayed above 32 degrees for two whole days! (Even though this morning it was 19 degrees so there actually may not be an end in sight.)
To celebrate — as well as to give my neighbors a blessed, visual springtime gift — I busted out the thrift shop yard flamingos. Oh, don’t worry. That is just one of many.
You wish you were my neighbor!
Oh my gosh, that reminds me: I had the BIGGEST crush on LeVar Burton when I was growing up. Um… That is totally related to this topic. Because I just typed the word, ‘neighbor,’ so of course the theme song to ‘Mister Rogers’ popped into my head. And LeVar Burton would sometimes stop by the home of Mister Rogers. (Did guests have to change their shoes and cardigans? I can’t remember the rules.) Also, one of the best shows ever, ‘Reading Rainbow,’ used to air around the same time. And LeVar Burton hosted that best show.
- The Return of Reading Rainbow (everydayfamily.com)
- Geordi La Forge Wins Google glass competition…gets himself a downgrade (omgdroid.com)
- LeVar Burton On How Interstellar Human Travel Could Become A Reality [TCTV] (techcrunch.com)
- Flamingos in the Turks and Caicos | Turks and Caicos Islander (turkscaicosluxuryvillas.com)
- Gifted Hands (ministerdahveed.wordpress.com)
- Chris Jancelewicz: ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation’: 47 Best Moments Of An Evening With The Cast (huffingtonpost.ca)
- ‘Star Trek’: LeVar Burton “disappointed” in JJ Abrams’s movie (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Entrepreneurship (thevirtualvirtuoso.wordpress.com)