Journal entry for today:
I feel like I am growing up a little bit. Does it take until you are 33 for that to happen? Because I read on the Facebook one of those super inspiring poster thingys and I totally related to it. (Remember those posters they used to sell at mall kiosks in the 90s? No, not the ones where you would blur your eyes at a picture of differently colored dots and see a plane flying over the mountains, but the kind with a really beautiful picture of something like a pile of sand, and then a really deep quote about how that pile of sand means our lives and us are super deep and important? Like that.)
So the super inspiring Facebook poster thingy read (in a font that illustrated one must be thinking deeply while reading this):
Success is not final
Failure is not fatal
It’s the courage to continue
Anywho, it seems as though with each year I live I can relate more and more to this way of thinking, as I attempt to achieve a realistic happiness. Instead of, you know, like an unrealistic happiness (like what happens in the movies and stuff).
PS. Did one of those inspirational posters at the mall have a picture of a sparkly snowflake and say something like, ‘Remember, you are unique. Just like everybody else’? or was that someone making fun of one of those posters that I am remembering?
PPS. Movie quote (sorry, I couldn’t help it, all this thought about malls in the 90s): “I love the smell of commerse in the morning.” — Mallrats
PPPS. Oh my gosh, I just recollected ‘Deep Thoughts, with Jack Handy.’ Heehee.
PPPPS. This is more so the type of inspirational quote I enjoy sharing with those around me:
‘Give me coffee and nobody gets hurt!’
- I’m no Jack Handy, but… (nomoreadventures.com)
- Unrealistic Expectations (chasingfit.wordpress.com)
- Heads facing ‘unrealistic pressure’ new Too many good headteachers are losing their jobs because of unrealistic pressure to raise school standards quickly, it has been suggested. (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Flying Particles or Roaming Meteors? They Are Simply Paper and Glue Left on a Torn Publicity Poster…- Lacer/actions Postcards #25 (robertoalborghetti.wordpress.com)
- Poster presentation (tinachatrizeh.wordpress.com)
- Overcome the Impediments to Happiness at Work | CareerBliss (careerbliss.com)
- Swedish Retailer Earns Attention for ‘Realistic’ Mannequins (mediabistro.com)