I caught “Fucking Blog Herpes.” (Update, 3-4-13, I caught it from Sunny Days in DC who came up with that awesome title for her post. I am not that clever! See her link. It’s the one that says “Fucking Blog Herpes.”)
Don’t worry. It’s okay. This is the good kind, not the kind you get on spring break in Mexico. I don’t mean for that to sound bad. I just knew a lot of people in college who got STDs in Mexico while on spring break. That’s all.
So, thank you to H. Stern from Sunny Days in DC! And, because I am lazy, I am just going to cut and paste to explain what this is:
“The rules for the Liebster Award are very simple: You are required to thank the person who nominated you, answer the 11 question they have asked you, nominate 11 other people and ask them 11 questions in return. According to the guidelines the Liebster award should be sent to bloggers with less than 200 followers so that new bloggers can see how awesome they are!”
Here are the 11 questions I was asked:
1. What made you start blogging?:
I wanted to get better about writing more often. I think SARK once wrote something like, ‘I was a writer who didn’t write,’ and I used to feel that way. I guess this is a way to practice. And I wanted a fun way to start doing a personal journal. Blogging seems like a fun way to do that.
2. You have one month, unlimited funds, and zero repercussions; what do you do?:
Oh my gosh. Tell everyone who has hurt me in some way how and why they hurt me. (Something I am way too chicken to do when I know there could be repercussions like them making my life hell at work.) Then I would use all of those unlimited funds to travel a ton! Cliche, I know, but it is true. Oh, and pay off the bills of everyone I know, and then end all hunger in the world and stuff.
3. What is your Spirit Animal? (Hint: does not have to be a REAL animal. Second Hint: Cannot be me):
If they ever find an animal that lives on the moon, then that animal. Otherwise, puppies. (Hubby said I should put ‘trouser snakes. Heehee, dirty.)
4. Remember that one thing you did that you hoped nobody would ever find out about? Go ahead and tell that story now, mkay?:
I pooped my pants once. As an adult. I thought I just had to fart! I thought I was safe! Funny, though, the more I read, the more I learn that this has happened to other adults as well (thank you, John Barrowman, for sharing your white pants, kicking poo story in your book). The worst part was that I ruined my favorite pair of strawberry underwear. Not strawberry flavored. Just with pictures of strawberries all over them.
5. If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would you choose?:
SARK, because she is on my mind from one of the questions above, and her life story fascinates me. What about someone not alive yet? I would love to have dinner with someone from 3,000 years in the future, just to hear about what things will be like then. Unless if all people are dead and gone by then. Oh, then maybe, if fictional people are allowed, The Doctor, because he has been to all times!
6. When was the last time you tried something new, and what did you do?:
I honestly can not recall. Whoa, that is not good! I need to shake things up!
7. What is your favorite film of all time?:
I am going with Groundhog Day, because it is probably the movie I have seen the most times. I just love how the idea of how we use time in our lives is shown, and given all of that time, what would I do? And then I get all deep, like I do possibly have all that time, and I should really be more optimistic and start crackin’! (Because in the movie, doesn’t it equal out to about 6ish years? And I have already lived way longer than that.)
8. Favorite book(s) of all time?:
There are so many. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. The Legacy of Luna. The Fountainhead. Popcorn (a children’s book). Anything by Jeniffer Weiner or Jill Mansell. (Oh my gosh, if I tag Jill Mansell in one more post, she may have me arrested for stalking! And her name will be the biggest thing in my tag cloud.)
9. If you could go 10 years into the past and tell yourself one thing, what would it be?:
Life will suck a lot, and that’s okay. You can still be happy.
10. I’m thinking of taking a vacation; where should I go?:
11. Best reason you called in sick to work, when you weren’t actually sick at all?:
I just finished reading ‘The Bell Jar,’ and was really depressed.
My nominees, who may answer the same questions I did from Sunny Days in DC, because I love the ones she came up with, and I am way too lazy to think of any new ones on my own, are:
— Remember, no obligations, especially for you, Bring Me Death or a Sandwich, because I know you have been ‘Sleeping Like a Dad’ lately! (Also, I didn’t really follow the 200 followers thing too closely. Mostly because I couldn’t really tell on all of them how many followers there were, also because I get off on breaking rules, and also because I feel numbers are like suggestions, and I enjoy rounding them.)
2, 3, and 4. Three Cups (I am not cheating here, folks. 3 writers do this site!)
- The Liebster Award – New Nominees (beyondbeautytips.wordpress.com)
- eleven liebster nominations (cometotimmy.wordpress.com)
- Getting Recognized – The Liebster Award (beyondbeautytips.wordpress.com)
- Liebster award (clairelewisco.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Blog Award (roshrulez.wordpress.com)
- The Liebster Award (therantingpapizilla.wordpress.com)
- BLOG AWARD: Liebster Award (gorjaeous.com)
- 3-2-13 Liebster Award stuffs. (108fate.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Want To Miss A Thing by Jill Mansell (readinginthesunshine.wordpress.com)